The Seahawks' newest pass rusher, Obum Gwacham, has an appetite for Chipotle, a motor that doesn't stop and a resume that includes three years catching passes in the Pac-12. Just another Seahawks' draft pick.
At Clallam Bay Correctional Center, inmates spend six hours a day, five days a week, perfecting French pastry and baking breads, cookies and brownies that are sold to fundraise for local charities.
Photos from around the world this week.
NEW Associated PressSales-taxes, low diesel prices frees cash for new Metro buses
Commuters will get some relief this fall when King County Metro Transit buys new buses and adds trips on 50 routes.
Associated PressFloyd Mayweather Jr. beats Manny Pacquiao in unanimous decision
Floyd Mayweather Jr. won a unanimous decision over Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night, using his usual skill to remain unbeaten in the most anticipated fight in recent years.
MyNorthwestTigers return to Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo at critical time for species survival
Anticipation is high as tigers return to Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo for the first time in over three years.
MyNorthwestMayor, chief praise police response to violent May Day protest in Seattle
Seattle's mayor and police chief praised police officers for the way they handled May Day protests that erupted in violence Friday night.
MyNorthwestArrest made after man stabbed in Pioneer Square
An arrest has been made after a 40-year-old stabbing victim was transported from the 400 block of Second Avenue to Harborview Medical Center.
Associated PressPesticide OK'd for Washington oyster beds amid concerns
For decades, oyster growers in southwest Washington have battled to control native shrimp that burrow in the mudflats and make it hard for oysters to grow.
Associated PressBritain has a new princess, who eagerly awaits her name
From Prince Charles to the bettors at the corner store, everyone in Britain was hoping for a girl.
Chokepoints, KIRO RadioI-90 closure: You can't see it, but crews working in tunnels
Drivers on I-90 will once again be squeezed into the Express Lanes this weekend for another round of construction work.
Associated PressEmpty school bus taken for 50-mile joy ride
Authorities say a woman stole an empty school bus in Stanwood and drove it more than 50 miles north to Blaine before crashing it into a patrol car.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioTom&Curley: Seattle residents don't care about water, they care about money
A study shows Seattle has the highest water bills, but is reducing its consumption. Tom and Curley explain why.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori: Another restaurant falls victim to Seattle's wage law
Z Pizza may have recently begun making a profit, but owner Ritu Shah Burnham said it won't last long.
Tom Tangney, KIRO Radio'Avengers: Age of Ultron' is packed with more than just great action
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is too much of a good thing. But what that also means is there are a lot of good things to be had in this blockbuster sequel to the monster hit.
- WSU's Connor Halliday, UW's Andrew Hudson agree to UDFA deals
- Mariners notebook: McClendon supportive of Walker after tough outing
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. beats Manny Pacquiao in unanimous decision
- NFL Draft coverage
- Round 7: Seahawks take S Ryan Murphy at No. 248
- Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer among Seahawks' 12 undrafted free agent
- Round 6: Seahawks take OG Kristjan Sokoli at No. 214
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' is packed with more than just great action
- How to get kids to pay attention in class
- The agony of waiting
- Tuna Ramen Delight and other prison recipes made behind bars
- Another restaurant falls victim to Seattle's wage law
- Ron and Don: 'It's not learning, it's memorizing stuff'
- Racism defined four different ways at KTTH Freedom Debate
- Sales-taxes, low diesel prices frees cash for new Metro buses
- Astros win 9th in row, McHugh gets HR help to beat Mariners
- Sunny weather attracts crowd to Spokane Bloomsday race
- UW, student employees reach tentative contract agreement
- University takes aim at hopscotch record on Sunday
- State officials focus on Hanford cleanup budget
- Seattle signs Army vet Nate Boyer as undrafted free agent
Home offices have become a much 'safer harbor'
Accountants say that the original rules for home offices simply became too complex for the nearly 3.4 million taxpayers who claimed deductions for business use of a home.
- Home shoppers flock to listings, 'fresh' or 'stale'
- Tacoma's U.S. Open: Tax-free cash for owners willing to rent
- Do real estate agents ever turn down a listing?
- New reverse mortgage 'review' timeline pushed back
- Referral power: Survey reveals lack of shopping for mortgages
- Real estate will ride three-year wave, new survey predicts
- New to the neighborhood? Test noise at different times
- The Latest: Baltimore lifts curfew after days of tension
- 3 congregants killed when semi slams into church van
- Waitress to governor: Give tip to Kansas schools
- Arizona girl dies after swing set breaks suddenly
- All-female Smith College to accept transgender applicants
- Police: Mother threw baby off bridge into river, then jumped
- Cops hail man who fatally shoots suspect outside Utah store
- Nepal shuts airport to big jets; more bodies found
- Community leaders: Nigerian troops kill dozens of civilians
- Arab coalition 'reconnaissance' troops land in Yemen
- Rebels kill 8 Indian paramilitary soldiers
- Athens prison brawl leaves at least 2 dead, 21 injured
- Israeli Ethiopian protest against racism turns violent
- Congressmen to reconsider separate funding for Iraq factions
- In Congress, income inequality comes with breakfast, lunch
- Walker a 2016 GOP force; might Govs. Kasich, Snyder jump in?
- Vermont's Sanders starts presidential bid in New Hampshire
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- FEC chair all but giving up hope to rein in money abuses
- In South Carolina, GOP hopefuls run against Obama, terrorism
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- Mother duck, brood waddle through school on trek to new home
- Aspen's Smuggler Mountain struggles with dog poop
- Bag carrying $63K in moldy bills found at Pennsylvania park
- 2-headed calf born on farm in northern Florida
- 16 co-workers at New York company split $58M lottery jackpot
- California man says he punched a trespassing bear on snout
- Sea lion pup spotted on San Francisco sidewalk gets rescued